From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-process/psmisc 23.2 broke
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 20:13:01
1 On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 13:34:42 -0400, John Covici wrote:
2
3 > Hi. 23.2 is broke and has a mandatory new format where you have to
4 > put -s before the signal when using killall. Killall is not finding
5 > existing process even though I have the name correct. Downgrading to
6 > 23.1-r1 fixes the problem. I just thought I'd let people know.
7
8 The -s does not appear to be mandatory here, it still sends SIGTERM by
9 default. However, I have got a 'no process found' error with some
10 processes, which now require killall `which processname` to work.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in
17 trouble again