From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge world looking grim
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:10:28
1 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Uh, not to drag you through the mud, but what gave you the idea to try
4 > that? I'm mainly interested so that we can go fix it if there is some
5 > document that is leading people astray.
6
7 I seriously doubt there is any such document ... My troubles stemmed
8 from the exact opposite... not consulting enough documents.
9 And heavy handed tendency to just jump right in without much
10 research.
11
12 The only thing I can say on my own behalf is that there was once a
13 time when it wasn't so far fetched to start emerge -vC 'ing stuff.
14
15 Yrs ago gentoo was not yet so complex as it is today. Ditto for the
16 other linux's
17
18 I'm sure my way will smooth out immensely with just a little immersion
19 back into gentoo as old memories are kicked into life (At least I hope
20 so ...)