From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 4.2 and 3.5
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 22:42:25
1 On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 23:23:11 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > Note that you can put slotted packages in the world file. For example
4 > if all you have in there is "kde-base/kdelibs" and you remove it,
5 > depclean will remove both KDE3 and well as KDE4 libs. Simply put
6 > "kde-base/kdelibs:3.5" in the world file. depclean will not remove the
7 > 3.5.x versions that way. Personally, I keep the 3.5 slots and an
8 > unslotted version:
9 >
10 > kde-base/kdelibs
11 > kde-base/kdelibs:3.5
12 >
13 > This will provide easy updates to future 4.x versions but will not mess
14 > with 3.5.
15 >
16 > I find that having a clean world file makes package management in
17 > Gentoo a lot easier :)
18
19 This is much easier if you have portage 2.2 as you can put all the kde 3.5
20 stuff in a set instead of cluttering up world.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Windows Error #09: Mouse not found. Press mouse button to continue.