From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server: Pressing 'down'/'right ctrl' keys yields newline
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 21:55:23
1 On 05/12/2010 05:25 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
2 > Hi all.
3 > After updating world, xorg-1.5.3-r6 to 1.7.6 among others, I'm now faced with a/m issue.
4 > 1. left ctrl key works fine, so does the down arrow key on the numpad.
5 > 2. Seems like the "down" key generates a double sequence: both the "down" event and a newline.
6 >
7 > This doesn't happen in terminal mode, nor in firefox (3.6.3) or amarok, but does occur in konsole, thunderbird-bin, kwrite, oowriter & eclipse-3.5.
8 >
9 > Attached is xorg log.
10 >
11 > amit0 ~ # qlist -Iv hal
12 > app-misc/hal-info-20090716
13 > sys-apps/hal-0.5.13-r2
14 >
15 > I've no idea how to proceed w/this. Any clues would be appreciated.
16
17 With every version of X11, the amount of stuff in xorg.conf gets less,
18 as part of the xorg design. I can see from your xorg.log that you have
19 things in xorg.conf that shouldn't be there any longer. Specifically,
20 you seem to be using the keyboard and mouse drivers *and* evdev at the
21 same time, which is wrong -- evdev has replaced the mouse and keyboard
22 drivers, and you don't need an "Input device" section for either of them
23 now.
24
25 I suggest you generate a new xorg.conf by running "X -configure" and
26 use the result as a good place to add a few custom things like these:
27 (**) Option "xkb_layout" "en_US,ru"
28 (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",winkeys"
29 (**) Option "xkb_options" "grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"