From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gdb debugging of small system built with catalyst
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 09:22:45
1 Hi,
2 I have few directories each contains C++ code, and is mapped to a local
3 private ebuild.
4 So I need to install few projects that depend on each other.
5 On the target machine I have gdbserver running.
6 When connecting to gdbserver, the links to the sources is
7 /var/tmp/.../../file.cpp.
8 My problem is that I need to debug all programs together, and the sources
9 are in catalyst's tmp working directory.
10 I can use 'directory' command in gdb to change the search path of the
11 source files, but doing it to few projects is cumbersome.
12 I can compile the source with -g3 and embed the sources there, but didn't
13 try that as I heard it is unstable.
14 At the end I need to provide a way to allow programmers to use Eclipse with
15 all the directories sources to debug all projects at once.
16 Is there other method to do this and integrate it to Eclipse?
17 For start no need for eclipse, I need to debug from the command line or vim.
18 Regards,
19 Kfir