From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning redundant configuration files
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 05:36:59
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > There are times that if portage removed a config file, I would not be
4 > happy. Sometimes I unmerge a package then remerge but want to keep
5 > the config files.
6 >
7 > Would I like there to be the option, yep, I sure would. There are
8 > also times when I want to get rid of a package and all its config
9 > files. The option would be nice but it should be a option.
10
11 I think that the ideal would be if portage could set some kind of
12 'marker' so that etc-update, dispatch-conf etc could prompt the user as
13 to whether to keep or remove the orphaned file.