From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 21:16:06
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On September 24, 2016 10:54:56 PM GMT+02:00, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Well, you said you hadn't set up any users and their passwords. That
4 >> is
5 >> part of the install process and is in the guide. You are told to set
6 >> up
7 >> the root password in one section and to set up a user and its password
8 >> in another section. At the very least, you missed those two parts and
9 >> that isn't a assumption, it's based on what you posted. What else you
10 >> missed I'm not sure and most likely, no one else is either. Rich
11 >> posted
12 >> that he thinks you missed a whole section which may or may not be
13 >> correct but we do know you missed at least a couple steps Given enough
14 >> information, someone may be able to figure it out tho.
15 > Dale,
16 >
17 > You should know better. Please don't make it worse by top-posting even more.
18 >
19 > >From what I understand from this nightmare of a messy thread, the OP seems to be looking for an install-script/tool.
20 > This does not exist other than the simple to follow handbook.
21 >
22 > --
23 > Joost
27 Well, as you know, I never top post unless it is a new person that
28 starts it. The only reason I do it then is because most likely the
29 person on the other end has no choice but too. It's likely why no one
30 has mentioned this. For all we know, he may be doing this with a
31 limited cell phone. Who knows. For the normal situations tho, I bottom
32 post as you know or do it inline. I will be glad when he gets it sorted
33 out and can actually set it up to be mailing list friendly. Top
34 posting, multiple threads and all makes it hard to follow.
35
36 I'm beginning to think the same thing. Here we thought he was further
37 into the install and just missed a few steps/section and now I'm
38 beginning to think he has only booted the install media and wants a
39 installer command. Maybe he will post something that will help us help
40 him. Maybe. I thought I had a rough idea but based on a recent post,
41 we may be all wrong on where he is in this process.
42
43 Dale
44