From: "Abraham Marín Pérez" <abraham@×××××××××.es>
To: "Gentoo user (en)" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird and local LDAP server
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:40:10
1 Hi everyone:
2
3 I recently had some problems sharing my contacts with more than one
4 mail client, so I decided to run a local LDAP server. I emerged OpenLDAP
5 and checked it with phpLDAPadmin. I can browse server's database and
6 add/remove/modify contacts with phpLDAPadmin, but I can't connect to it
7 with a mail application; I tried both Evolution and Thunderbird and I
8 got nothing.
9
10 The one I care the most is Thunderbird. I tried to add a link to the
11 server from the Address Book: FILE -> NEW -> LDAP DIRECTORY; I typed
12 what I think is the right parameters and tried, but nothing happened. Am
13 I doing anything wrong?
14
15 Thanks,
16 Abraham