From: Daniel Wagener <stelf@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Everything disappeared from world list
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 08:05:07
1 On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 00:04:35 -0400
2 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 20:34:12 -0700
5 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Replying on Kindle. Short suggestion is recreate
8 > > /var/lib/portage/world by hand by adding what you know you want
9 > > installed.
10 >
11 > AFAIK, Gentoo does not have a script or an option to back up the
12 > world file and other associated files.
13
14 Regenerate world does ring a bell here though… unfortunately I have no internet connection for googling right now
15 perhaps something with equery
16
17 emaint world however is not what I think of, though it might be worth a try, dunno what it actually does, maybe it will just say it cannot find world