From: vetrocemento@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] grub.conf
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 06:25:01
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I've succesfully installed gentoo on my pc, but when i wrote grub.conf, i've
4 made a mistake; in the second line, instead of < kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.25-
5 gentoo-r7 root=/dev/sda3> i wrote < kernel /boot/linux-2.6.25-gentoo-r7
6 root=/dev/sda3>.
7 I discovered this when i tried to boot and grub gave me error 15.So i edited
8 this line while in grub and then pressed 'b' to boot. Everything was ok.
9 but the changes I made to the grub.conf are not permanent. How can I fix it?
10 Should I use livecd to reach grub.conf and edit it? if yes, what's the path?
11
12 thanks in advance.
13
14 Giacomo