From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternative to netkit-telnetd
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:55:38
1 Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > I only need a telnet client and not the whole server part. Any suggestions on
3 > alternatives to netkit-telnetd. The Client must behave just like the standard
4 > telnet-client (I have some expect-scripts using telnet).
5 >
6 > Regards,
9 jim@keelie $ time sudo emerge -vb netkit-telnetd
10 real 0m13.975s
11 user 0m8.141s
12 sys 0m1.655s
13
14 netkit-telnetd is *very* small. Just emerge it. The server is not on
15 by default so you don't have to worry about it. Or, if you are *really*
16 paranoid, emerge netkit-telnetd and then do this as root:
17
18 rm /etc/xinetd.d/telnetd /usr/sbin/telnetd
19
20 Now you only have a client!!
21
22 Jim