From: Vincent Launchbury <vincent@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printer not working after world update
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 04:17:49
1 On 10/14/10 13:45, Mick wrote:
2 > Have you tried unmasking and using cups-1.4.4-r2 ?
3
4 Thanks! It didn't fix things, but it did lead me to the solution.
5 Apparently cups 1.4 has much more verbose logging, which pointed me to
6 an issue with the min12xxw driver. Cups 1.4 doesn't seem to detect USB
7 printers though, but fixing the driver issue and downgrading back to 1.3
8 got me printing again :).
9
10 > I came up to some problems as described in a previous thread and some nice
11 > people in this list suggested to use a later version, which fixed some (but
12 > not all) of my problems.
13
14 I guess each version has it's pros and cons. Thanks for the pointer.
15
16 Regards,
17 Vincent.