From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Correct procedure to install AMD64 multilib?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 21:49:31
1 The Android toolkit requires multilib, and my desktop is no-multilib.
2 I've got an old 3 gig ram Dell kicking around. Fortunately, I don't
3 think a GUI is required. This will be my first time with multilib in
4 ages, so expect newbie questions. Is the multilib install procedure
5 like so...
6
7 1) start off with AMD64 minimal install CD
8 2) followed by stage3-amd64-openrc-20211212T170613Z.tar.xz (or whatever
9 the date/time stamp is).
10
11 This implies that multilib is the default; you have to deliberately
12 select no-multilib to get no-multilib. Any changes in make.conf or
13 anywhere else?
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications