From: Pingveno <pingveno@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NTFS resizing
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:56:31
1 I'm trying to resize an NTFS partition to fit Gentoo on a new laptop. As
2 recommended by countless sources all over the Internet, I am using
3 Knoppix & Qtparted for resizing. However, QTParted complains about
4 accounting errors in the NTFS filesystem (yes, I know that's redundant).
5 After a little bit of Google searching, I discovered I needed to use
6 chkdsk on Windows with the /f switch to fix the errors. Easy. Of course,
7 chkdsk alerted me that it can't modify a running NTFS system. Okay, so I
8 do what it recommends to me: let the checking be run after a reboot.
9
10 None of this is exactly extraordinary. However, there is the slight
11 problem that chkdsk never actually runs at start up. No bueno. Any
12 tricks to con it into working?
13
14 -Pingveno
15