From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CUPS and hp OfficeJet Pro
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:52:27
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:50:14 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
5 >> So hplip and cups work together? I thought is was one
6 >> or the other?
7 >>
8 > hplip is a set of drivers, for use by CUPS and other programs.
13 I think Neil is correct. I have both. I don't know if it will work
14 without cups, never tried it, but I know it doesn't work without hplip.
15
16 I put those USE flags in my make.conf. I think cups and hplip is the
17 only ones that use them anyway. I hope that changing that and
18 re-emerging will get your printer working fully.
19
20 Dale
21