From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resizing physical volume for lvm.
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:51:08
1 On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:39:29 +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2
3 > > P.S. I'm not using vgextend to simply add sda4 to the lvm because I
4 > > might want to migrate my root (sda1) to ext4
5 >
6 > Why do want to do that? ext4 is just a couple of months old and there's
7 > no proof of stability whatsoever for it. Better try it with uncritical
8 > data partitions (portage tree, distfiles) first.
9
10 Yet if you do, the latest GRUB boots from ext4 partitions, so you don't
11 need to separate /boot.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 "I'm Not Sure If I'm Homosexual", Said Tom, Half In Earnest.