From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.5 update/old kernel+old fglrx
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:04:42
1 > I am scanning the /var/log/Xorg.0.log looking for info on what chip
2 > this is. I'm not finding anything that says what Radeon family it's
3 > part of. lspci tells me what I posted here already - that it's part of
4 > the IGP 9100 family.
5
6 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_Graphics_Processing_Units says its an R200.
7
8 > I found this page at the AMD/ATI site but I suspect it's for a newer
9 > version of the chipset:
10 >
11 > http://ati.amd.com/products/radeon9100igp/features.html
12 >
13 > I'm going to pursue this with more dedication as it is really the only
14 > current path I've heard of so far that gives me a chance to stay
15 > current with Gentoo.
16 >
17 > What VIDEO_DEVICES setting might one use to get this driver called up?
18 > Either ati or radeon and check that it installs Open Source?
19
20 So you want the radeon/ati driver, the package name is xf86-video-ati, so I guess that means you want ati in VIDEO_DEVICES.
21
22 > It is a bunch of work, but it would be great if I can use it.
23
24 I thought emerge xf86-video-ati, then swapping Driver "flgrx" to Driver "radeon" in xorg.conf was all that is required??