From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Linux unable to read a k3b DVD
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:33:17
1 I recently burnt a DVD with k3b, it seems perfect on windows boxes, all
2 files are indeed correctly written and readable, a md5 sum tells they
3 are binary equal to original, but no Linux box can mount it (tried on
4 three different PCs with the same results).
5
6 If I try to mount this DVD, dmesg says:
7
8 end_request: I/O error, dev hdd, sector 64
9 isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hdd, iso_blknum=16, block=16
10
11 or:
12
13 attempt to access beyond end of device
14 hdd: rw=0, want=68, limit=4
15 isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hdd, iso_blknum=16, block=16
16
17 and then (after a long timeout) mount complains with the following
18 message:
19
20 mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd,
21 missing codepage or other error
22 In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
23 dmesg | tail or so
24
25 The disk isn't overburned (I know my burner, an LG GSA-4040B, isn't
26 capable). I was unable to find anything useful with google, and I have
27 a spindle box and an huge amount of data to write to disc...
28
29 Anyone knows what I have to do to make this disc readable to Linux?
30
31 Kernel 2.6.17-gentoo-r4, k3b 0.12.16, udev 089.
32
33 Thanks,
34 Francesco
37 Linux Version 2.6.17-gentoo-r4, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Mon Jul 24 07:52:46
39 One 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 2004.89 Bogomips Total
40 aemaeth
41 --
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list