From: Al <alnightingale@×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Maarten <gentoo@××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6 upgrade howto
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:15:40
1 Maarten wrote:
4 > One last question: Do you need to re-run grub-install after changing this
5 > file or is it 'okay to go'. (you'll note I come from the lilo world ;-)
6 good to go - you just need to edit grub.conf and thats it
7
8 gentoo slots all kernel versions so all you need to do is update the
9 /usr/src/linux symlink to the newly installed kernel version.
10
11 dont forget that gentoo runs with /boot partition unmounted so
12 you will need to mount it before you copy the new bzImage over
13
14 If you are changing to 2.6 then there is the udev versus devfs choice
15 to make, I would choose devfs in the 2.6 setup until your happy then think
16 about udev after that.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list