From: Martin S <shieldfire@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] php & mysql problem
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:26:42
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm installing Apach2, Mysql 5.0.18 and PHP 5 on my laptop for a project.
4 However, when I install the main CMS system (Typo3 4.0) I keep getting
5 various
6
7 supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
8
9 So I did a test page to see that PHP was actually emerged with the correct
10 USE flags
11
12 '--with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql'
13 '--with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'
14
15 And did a check that I have the socket in the correct place
16
17 martoni@SuicidalPuppy ~ $ ls -l /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
18 'srwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 0 Jan 3 05:35 /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
19 martoni@SuicidalPuppy ~ $
20
21 I've tried with PHP4 and PHP5, with MySQL 4.x and 5.x
22
23 I still can't get the system up. And the code is valid, as others are
24 running the beta code, and I had a Typo3 system
25 before my forced reinstallation.
26
27 I've read contless articles on Gentoo and Typo3 forums/lists but still...
28
29 Any suggestions how to get past this?
32 Regards,
33
34 Martin S