From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.2 compile problem
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:09:15
1 On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > After some more struggling I managed to get kde-base/systemsettings
3 > compiled: If I unmerge x11-libs/libxkbfile and then emerge
4 > systemsettings, it compiles fine (without support for the xkb
5 > settings). After that I did an emerge -DuvaN world and this pulls in
6 > libxkbfile again.
7 >
8 > But when I try to start KDE4.2 (using kdm), the screen blanks out a
9 > few times while kde is loading (the spash screen being displayed) and
10 > then I briefly see a malformed desktop (the bottom of the taskbar
11 > wraps around to the top of the screen) and then just a black screen.
12 >
13 > In /var/log/messages, something about plasma crashing is reported,
14 > can't remember and I'm not at the PC now, but nothing very
15 > informative.
16 >
17 > I feel like going back to my good old days of windowmaker.
18 >
19 > Regards
20 > Dirk
23 I found bug #256827, upgraded gcc, and everything is fine and well again!
24
25 Regards
26 Dirk