From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost nameserver
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:55:57
1 On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:30:51 +0100, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
2
3 > There is a text line saying that the file was "created by the net
4 > scripts" so I guess resolv.conf gets re-created at each boot, but I
5 > don't find in which "net script" I should pour the nameserver
6 > information so that it gets into resolv.conf each time.
7
8 /etc/conf.d/net
9
10 Set dns_servers_eth0 (or whatever is correct for your network interface).
11
12 It looks like the system is currently trying to set them by DHCP but your
13 DHCP server is not giving out DNS information.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!