From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI 9.6 on Gentoo 2.6.30
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:53:08
1 On Sonntag 12 Juli 2009, Hazen Valliant-Saunders wrote:
2 > G'day folks;
3 >
4 > FYI - previous issues:
5 > Technical Caveat #1
6 > fglrx only supports 16 / 24 bit colour depth, therefore within the Xorg
7 > Config I had to add DefaultDepth 24 the "Screen0" section & subsections.
8 >
9 > Technical Caveat#2
10 > xf86-drivers/mouse and xf86-drivers/kyd needed to be recompiled with the
11 > emerge of ati-drivers (in fact I had to re-emerge Xorg, Xfce and all XF86
12 > drivers, there's a note about this in the xorg emerge however as a general
13 > rule we should consider adding them as a dependancy to prevent this from
14 > confusing people.)
15 >
16 > There's a lot of chatter online about mice and keyboard's not working after
17 > an Xorg upgrade, this is why.
18 >
19 > And as always thanks again everyone; hopefully it won't freeze and I won't
20 > be bleeding too much.
21 >
22 > How long and what's required before we may consider this "Stable"?
23 >
24 > Regards,
25
26 emm - no. you had to rebuild the mouse/keyboard driver because of the X
27 update. Not because of ati-drivers.