From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: GCC 5.4.0
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 21:10:01
1 On 2017-04-24, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Monday 24 Apr 2017 16:45:58 I wrote:
3 >> On Monday 24 Apr 2017 14:47:32 Mick wrote:
4 >>
5 >> > I've had the odd rebuild failure here & there, don't bother re-emerging
6 >> > it until revdep-rebuild has finished. Any dependencies it needs would
7 >> > have been rebuilt by then and it should complete without problem.
8 >>
9 >> Quite so, but it was an internal compiler error, so that may not help.
10 >> I'll remerge it when the machine's quiet and see.
11 >
12 > It did help. It's emerged okay.
13
14 In my experience, internal GCC errors that show up intermittently
15 and/or only under heavly load usually means failing RAM (or more
16 rarely, some other hardware problem: something bad on the PCI bus,
17 failing swap parition, etc.).
18
19 I'd run memtest86 overnight, if I were you...
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! My LESLIE GORE record
23 at is BROKEN ...
24 gmail.com