From: Bastian Balthazar Bux <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage problems
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:31:12
1 Luigi Pinna wrote:
2
3 >When I use emerge -upD world I receive this output:
4 >Barbara portage # emerge -upD world
5 >
6 >These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
7 >
8 >Calculating world dependencies ...done!
9 >[blocks B ] sys-apps/sysvinit (from pkg
10 >sys-apps/baselayout-1.9.4-r6)
13 emerge -pv sys-apps/sysvinit sys-apps/baselayout
14
15 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
16
17 Calculating dependencies ...done!
18 [ebuild R ] sys-apps/sysvinit-2.85-r1 -bootstrap -build (-selinux) 0 kB
19 [ebuild R ] sys-apps/baselayout-1.11.6-r1 -bootstrap -build -debug
20 -livecd -static (-uclibc) 0 kB
21
22 strange, it seems that it's a feasible thing, try to upgrade baselayout
23 before, 1.11.6-r1 is the last one and than emerge sysvinit, dont' try to
24 unmerge baselayout, it's not a good idea.
25 Keep attention upgrading baselayout, it modifies a lot of fundamentals
26 in /etc so you will need to loose a bit of time with etc-update or
27 dispatch-conf.
28
29 >I tried to remove this block but... It doesn't work!
30 >Someone had the same problem? What must I do?
33 >Another problems is a messagge after an emerge:
34 >* Caching service dependencies ...
35 > * Service 'postfix' already provide 'mta'!;
36 > * Not adding service 'sendmail'...
37 >I want to remove this messagge (I use postfix).
38 >What must I do?
39 >Thanks a lot,
40 >Luigi
44 try: