From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird XFS problem
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 04:07:50
1 On Feb 25, 2012 10:34 AM, "Nilesh Govindrajan" <contact@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'm using XFS on /home and facing a strange issue. When I add acl to
6 > the mount options in /etc/fstab, the FS fails to mount during boot
7 > with an error in dmesg which says invalid option acl whereas I'm able
8 > to mount it using the mount command from the CLI.
9 >
10 > For now I'm using a script in local.d to remount it with acl, but why
11 > is this happening?
12 > Also, XFS is compiled right into the kernel, not as a module (I
13 > believe, because there's no module xfs in /lib/modules/3.2.6-gentoo.
16 AFAIK, by default XFS is mounted with acl support.
17
18 Plus, I can't find any "acl" word in the documentation:
19
20 http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/filesystems/xfs.txt;hb=HEAD
21
22 CMIIW, I never use XFS before in my life.
23
24 Rgds,