From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Nvidia Drivers. =(
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 17:04:00
1 On 04/05/2017 05:15 PM, Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > I'm still running on my old kernel as I re-build my system, Nvidia
3 > drivers just barfed
4
5 381.09 was released today which supports kernel 4.10. But it might take
6 a while until it's in portage.
7
8 In general, I stick with LTS kernels ("Long Term Support.") Right now,
9 that's 4.9. Doing that solved "doesn't build against kernel X" issues
10 with binary packages like the nvidia drivers and vmware workstation. If
11 you're using nvidia, I'd recommend using the latest LTS kernel. What's
12 the latest LTS is listed here:
13
14 https://www.kernel.org