From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] For the benefit of John Laremore
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 07:53:01
1 On Tue, 30 May 2006 18:31:33 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > I'm a gmail user, even though my address isn't a @gmail.com. I would
4 > definitely appreciate it if you let me know if you see this from any
5 > of my postings.
6
7 It seemed to be a one off, only affecting this particular mail of
8 Daniel's. Probably a glitch somewhere that made one server in the chain
9 think the next one hadn't received it, so it resent. The posts came at
10 increasing intervals, which would tally with such a situation.
11
12 > BTW, I only see one of Daniel's email, even though it clearly shows up
13 > 5 times in the archives. Maybe gmail is filtering their own mistakes?
14
15 Google get more like MS every day :)
16
17 gmail is probably automatically filtering duplicates, based on
18 Message-ID. That would explain gmail users' own posts to the list not
19 showing up in their inboxes, because they already have a mail with the
20 same ID.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten per cent of its
27 capacity ... the rest is overhead for the operating system.