From: ralph-gentoo@×××××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Weird kmail/kontact behaviour on startup
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:40:18
1 Hi all,
2
3 This is a bit of a weird behaviour:
4
5 - On KDE startup, an instance of kmail will invariably start, too.
6
7 - I close it and start kontact - which will again open two windows, one with
8 the kontact screen and basket open (why basket?) and one with kmail
9
10 - I close these two again and start kontact again - this time I get my normal
11 kontact with the mail open
12
13 - On at least one occasion, though not reproducible, kmail started together
14 with kopete, although I had only clicked kopete? Har?
15
16 I have checked the autostart entries, and de-activated the session manager, to
17 no avail. I can't even guess what might be the cause of this - it might have
18 started after an emerge -uD prettymuchworld but I don't remember any
19 KDE-related updates recently.
20
21 Any ideas where I could look?
22