From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Managing FF/TB plugins in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:21:23
1 I've just had a look at FireFox about:plugins and I'm both worried and
2 confused.
3 No surprise there; it happens a lot when I peek under the covers. :o)
4
5 There are two versions of the Java plugin listed, with the same
6 libjavaplugin_oji.so
7 filename. The latest is Java 1.5.0_04b05.
8
9 There are two versions of Flash listed, also with one and the same filename:
10 libflashplayer.so.
11
12 The crux: are there really two versions installed? Should I clean this up?
13 If so,
14 how? Is this a Gentoo portage artifact, or does this happen in other distros
15 as well?
16
17 ************
18
19 Also: I would like the Adobe Acrobat plugin, but
20 1) I don't see it in 'eix' or 'emerge -s'.
21 2) The instructions for installing from an existing Acrobat install are not
22 effective
23 with the portage-installed acrobat.
24
25 Should I make a separate version from the Acrobat tarball?
26
27 ++ kevin
30 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD