From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] overlay conflicts
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 04:04:47
1 Andrey Vul wrote:
2 > Given package ~foo/bar-1.2.3 from overlay A and package
3 > **foo/bar-1.2.3 from overlay B, emerge uses the masking in overlay B
4 > (**). How do I set it to use overlay A when emerging =foo/bar-1.2.3
5 > (i.e. ~foo/bar-1.2.3) ?
6
7 it's a hack, but you could edit the overlay ebuild and take out the
8 KEYWORDS...
9
10 You can also tell portage to prefer your /usr/portage directory over an
11 overlay, by setting make.conf:
12 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage /usr/portage"
13 (or something - play around with the order). But then this is done for
14 all packages (with the same version).
15
16 HTH,
20 The gates in my computer are AND, OR and NOT; they are not Bill.