From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python 3.6
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 22:17:08
1 On Wed, 27 Jun 2018 17:04:57 -0400,
2 Ralph Seichter wrote:
3 >
4 > On 27.06.18 22:43, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
5 >
6 > > After installing python 3.6, I now have multiple systems wanting to
7 > > depclean it! Have I missed something? Should I be uninstalling 3.4
8 > > and 3.5 which are also present?
9 >
10 > After you have recompiled all packages that were built with Python 3.4
11 > and 3.5 support and verified that these versions are no longer required,
12 > you can delete them.
13
14 This is not working for me -- after doing a world update, there are
15 still packages which apparently need both 3.4 and 3.5, so I cannot
16 remove them. I wonder why this would be happening?
19 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
20 How do
21 you spend it?
22
23 John Covici wb2una