From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Slow local network - how to debug?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:04:49
1 Hi,
2
3 I have no experiences in debugging a slow network.
4
5 At home, I have a router which is connected to my telephone line via
6 VDSL2.
7 I have 2 PCs one of which is connected by an ethernet cable (i.e.
8 wired) while the other
9 one uses a wireless connection which is specified as 56 Mbit/s.
10
11 When copying data from one machine to the other one I see varying
12 speeds from only 0.5 Mbits/s up to
13 more than 20 Mbits/s. I have no idea why it is so slow some times.
14 There are no other wireless devices nearby.
15
16 What tools and techniques can I use to debug this situation?
17
18 Many thanks for a hint,
19 Helmut.