From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suddenly emerging unstable packages = why?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 03:02:42
1 On 1/8/08, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tuesday 08 January 2008 23:30:51 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > > > > However, it is true that emerge sync and eix-update were in two
5 > > > > separate jobs scheduled an hour apart. It is vaguely conceivable
6 > > > > that they got out of step somehow. I've unified them, and hope
7 > > > > things go better now.
8 > [...]
9 > > > Any particular reason you run two separate jobs and not just eix-sync
10 > > > (which does both in sequence)?
11 > >
12 > > Originally, because the output was hard to read I think. And I figured
13 > > that starting them an hour apart would ensure sequence anyway.
14 >
15 > Surely you ran update-eix and possibly diff-eix rather than eix-sync then?
16 > Running eix-sync and emerge --sync would mean syncing twice a day (for no
17 > good reason)...
18 >
19 > --
20 > Bo Andresen
23 Indeed. I run update-eix, but I don't do it every day. The entire package
24 runs three times per week, and I use the emails from it to decide whether or
25 when to emerge world. I keep pretty current, but don't see the point in
26 daily updates.
27
28 ++ kevin
33 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD