From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Will a 64-bit-no-multilib machine cross-compile 32-bit code?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 13:03:54
1 On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 12:13:53PM +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote
2
3 > To quickly switch between building locally and via distcc (or chroot
4 > in this case), I set up the usual march, CFLAGS, features, mirrors
5 > and such in make.conf and then below that source my .conf file for
6 > distcc or chroot which will override those settings. That way I only
7 > need to uncomment one line in make.conf and I'm good to go.
8
9 I've got it working now, including an elegant hack that allows me to
10 switch at will between local and distcc builds, without making any
11 changes in any config files at all. See my post at
12 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/281968 for details of
13 how I did it.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications