From: "Michael W. Holdeman" <lists@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql won't start
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:25:02
1 On Monday 12 June 2006 08:04, Ralph Slooten wrote:
2 > > Is it /var/run/mysql or /var/run/mysqld?
3 > > You should probably recreate /var/run/mysqld
4 > > and set the permissions.
5 >
6 > /var/run/mysqld must have mysql:mysql permissions (drwxr-xr-x)
7 >
8 > > And make /etc/my.cnf a symlink to /etc/mysql/my.cnf
9 > > CLI utilities probably look for /etc/my.cnf
10 >
11 > No, this is not needed. CLI programs will use whatever the mysql default
12 > is, and mysql is compiled under gentoo with /etc/mysql/my.cnf as default.
13 >
14 > Greetings,
15 > Ralph
16 I have this as well, I think this came about with an update sometime this
17 week. Mysql was not updated, but there must have been something in one of teh
18 baselayouts or something?
19
20 Mike
23 Michael W. Holdeman
27 Powered by Gentoo Linux www.gentoo.org |
28 Kernel 2.6.15-ck2 |
29 VMWare Workstation 5.5.1 vmware.com |
30 Win4LinPro 6.1.1-03 win4lin.com |
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list