From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] uvesafb will not work on my dell d820 laptop?
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 06:36:59
1 Hi. I have a Dell Latitude D820 laptop and for the life of me, I
2 can't get uvesafb to work. There are no messages, I just get the 25
3 lines by 80 column screen. I emerged clib, and v86d and made sure my
4 .config had /usr/share/v86d/initramfs as the initramfs source, and I
5 have uvesafb built in to the kernel. My boot time command line
6 arguments to lilo are:
7 init=/linuxrc ramdisk=8192 real_root=/dev/sda5 udev
8 video=uvesafb:1024x768 speakup.synth=spkout
9 (all on one line in the original).
10
11 Attached is my emerge --info and my kernel config -- assistance would
12 be appreciated.

info.zip application/zip