From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] auto-email on reboot?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:50:00
1 Billy Holmes schreef:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> it reboots? I don't expect that this should happen often, but I'd
5 >> like to know when it does.
8 > setup ssmtp, install mail-client/mailx, then add this to
9 > /etc/conf.d/local.start:
10 >
11 > date|mail -s 'I just rebooted!' youremail@×××××.com
12 >
13 And you know, it just occurred to me-- isn't there a kernel option or an
14 option somewhere that I can't remember right now, to enable or disable
15 auto-rebooting on severe errors/kernel panics, something like that?
16
17 I just realized that I always turn this option (wherever it may be) off
18 (I think it's the kernel, which would explain why I don't remember
19 precisely where it is, since I configure all kernels to be the same as
20 the last, so I set it once and forgot it), and maybe you should too--
21 that way you might have a better chance of knowing what precisely is
22 causing these spontaneous reboots in the first place, so you could stop
23 them.
24
25 Does anybody else know what I'm talking about? ;-) ?
26
27 Holly
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list