From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI booting
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:14:33
1 On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 4:32 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > In my search for a suitable boot method, I'm trying Mike G's systemd-boot
3 > ebuild. I've installed it with no problem, and now I reach the heart-in-
4 > mouth stage of actually replacing gummiboot with it. But first, the backup,
5 > including dd of what used to be called the MBR (what is it now?).
6
7 It should be basically a drop-in replacement, with a slightly
8 different name. It should not require any modification to your disk
9 layout.
10
11 Also, you should be able to configure your firmware to load either
12 gummiboot or systemd-boot, so you have a fallback if the new code
13 fails.