From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] my gentoo amd64 does not have sound
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:16:31
1 On 12/15/2009 7:19 AM, Pintér Tibor wrote:
2 >
3 >> the driver is already loaded. and i have use alsaconf, and alsamixer
4 >> to set the configuration. /etc/init.d/alsasound is started, but my
5 >> system still does not have sound.
6 >>
7 >> what have i missed?
8 >
9 > unmute?
10 >
11 > t
12 To unmute sound at all levels, run mplayer and turn the volume up
13 (mplayer is special that way, other programs don't have the same
14 effect). If sound on that and other apps works now, you need to run
15 rc-update add alsasound default
16 and then it should work even after a reboot.
17
18 Marcus