From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: new installation - partitions
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 14:34:17
1 2014-09-05 8:04 GMT-06:00 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > Rich Freeman <rich0 <at> gentoo.org> writes:
5 >> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 8:23 AM, James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com>
6 >> wrote:
7 >
8 >> Bottom line is that it is hard to measure Gentoo popularity. I've
9 >> been using Gentoo since the early 2000s and in practice I can't really
10 >> see any decline, even if there aren't as many devs as there once were.
11 >> Rich
12 >
13 > I disagree. The "bottom line" is I added a few generalizations to a
14 > reference to a relevant document that helps explain and provide some
15 > background to the user's installation question. There seems to be
16 > individuals in gentoo-user that want to "thread hijack" some miniscule,
17 > unrelated issues to start a pointless flame.....
20 Don't get dramatic, I actually wrote 4 lines about differences in
21 gentoo and arch, and just pointed some of the facts, not even
22 details, nor opinions, I didn't respond your long reply to that(~50
23 lines), because it wasn't of use to the thread, the one who wants to
24 "thread hijack" is you, saying 'arch is based on gentoo' might
25 actually mislead a new user, the long replies, that's trying to
26 start a flame, anyway, let's not lose any more time about it.
27 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/partitioning
28 >
29 > Was and is very much information related to the poster's original question.
30 > Section 4 of this aforementioned reference does discuss SSD partitioning
31 > issues, which was and is at the heart of the poster's question, which has
32 > had to migrate to a new thread because folks don't stay focused on the
33 > user's needs and questions?/.
36 > peace,
37 > James