From: Phil Sexton <philsexton@×××××××.Net>
To: Gentoo User's List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] How email should be done and my rant why
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:20:58
1 Hey Gentoolisters,
2
3 Please take pity on an old geezer with cataracts in both eyes at
4 the moment.
5
6 There has recently been replies with several in depth replies
7 which had nothing to do with the reply part
8 (thank you for bottom posting, BTW).
9
10 Some persons as well manage to decrease my fonts which I can
11 read to a size where I have to reach for a magnifying glass or
12 two to be able to read it.
13
14 There are others who manage to change background and text colors.
15
16 Hi volume lists need some trimming in order to make finding
17 information by searching the list first much easier as the false
18 hits are greatly reduced.
19
20 Style does have effects on substance, much better signal to
21 noise ratio if these simple guidelines are followed.
22
23 Here is a good description of how email should be done:
24 http://www.webfoot.com/advice/email.summary.html?Email
25
26 Or, am I going to have to go back to running mutt, clamav,
27 spamassin. procmail and elinks again?
28
29 Now what was that reason that I decided upon to try out the GUI
30 stuff?
31
32 I guess I better go back to the best trained dog I have ever seen.
33
34 I want it MY way, darn it!
37 Phil
38 My Home Page: http://fancypiper.info