From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bon Echo (why?)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:02:24
1 On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:29:24 -0600
2 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > In <news:49bf44f10702241819q687bdda1le058ab7c27c60b77@××××××××××.com>,
5 > Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > > Thanks. I think it is not a good idea to call Firefox (for some
8 > > > branding issue) its development codename. Maybe Gentoo should use
9 > > > Debian's Iceweasel name.
10 > >
11 > > I agree. It's confusing that the brand-less name is the same as the
12 > > development name.
13 >
14 > I don't seen anything about it at bugs.gentoo.org; you could file a
15 > bug. I'm not sure anyone would be motivated to patch it, though. As
16 > it is now, (well, AIUI) the USE flag just controls the
17 > --enable-official-branding switch for compiling and the "Bon Echo" you
18 > see is just an artifact of the way Mozilla ships its source code.
19 >
20 > I think something other than "Iceweasel" would be preferable,
21 > since Debian and GNU both have Iceweasel projects.
22 >
23 but 'IceWeasel' is ugly. Bon Echo is such a nice name.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list