From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:43:56
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:10:59 +0100 "Stephan Eberle" <se@×××××××××.org>
4 wrote:
5
6 > I think I need help on this one. I have a Gentoo Linux server set up
7 > and running on a Strato Server (german dedicated server hoster) and
8 > would like to install a mailing list software. Unfortunately my mail
9 > server is not the same machine so I'm looking for a software that can
10 > manage a mailing list through a remote email account.
11
12 It absolutely doesn't depend on the way you transport the mails. Just
13 chose the ML software you like and can manage. The ML software just
14 manages distribution and access control, not mail transport.
15
16 For *sending* mails to list receipients, the ML software will probably
17 just call "/usr/bin/sendmail". So make sure that such exists, e.g. by
18 using ssmtp in order to use a relay server.
19
20 For *receiving* mails, you might opt for redirecting it to your server
21 (instant delivery) or fetchmail.
22
23 -hwh
24 --