From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vanishing tab bar in Firefox
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 14:59:20
1 On Friday, 20 August 2021 17:26:15 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 7 August 2021 10:45:26 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Hello list,
4 > >
5 > > Far too often, Firefox on this box will hide the tab bar, but behave as
6 > > though it were still there. In other words, I have to aim the mouse
7 > > pointer
8 > > 2cm below the thing I want to click.
9 > >
10 > > Pressing <ALT> reveals the bar but clicking in it just hides it again. I
11 > > can still cycle through the tabs with the standard <CTRL><left/right>.
12 > >
13 > > Sometimes remerging Firefox fixes it, sometimes rebooting does; mostly
14 I
15 > > just have to put up with it.
16 > >
17 > > Several versions of Firefox have suffered this, and several versions of
18 > > Plasma. I might submit a bug report if I could work out which component
19 is
20 > > at fault.
21 >
22 > Disabling my three plugins didn't help. I fixed it in the end by removing
23 > ~/.mozilla and setting mozilla up again. At least, I hope it's fixed. It's
24 > looking good so far.
25
26 Spoke too soon. It's back again, and it's more stubborn this time. I really
27 don't want to keep zapping my Firefox directory and setting it up all over
28 again, especially as I don't understand what's going wrong. Any crumbs of
29 advice or experience, anyone?
32 Regards,
33 Peter.