From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Somewhat OT] Backup software for CDs.
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:28:01
1 Hi Dale,
2
3 Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> writes:
4
5 > I would like to backup some stuff and can't quite find a program to
6 > use. I'm looking for something that can backup to CD or DVD and can
7 > span them over more than one CD if needed. Some of what I have will
8 > require several CDs. It would be nice if it would tar it or zip it but
9 > it is not required. I searched using equery and emerge -s but I can't
10 > seem to find much. Oh, GUI would be nice too.
11 >
12 > Is there anything out there that would do this?
13
14 I think dar (it's in portage) can do this: I've never used it myself.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Roger
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list