From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locale issue to clean up
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 01:52:08
1 On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 04:42:53PM -0800, Penguin Lover Mark Knecht squawked:
2 > Thanks for joining in. I have mucho craziness in these directories!
3 > /usr/share/locale has way too much stuff, but it doesn't have what I
4 > want. It's missing en_US.utf8 and en_US.ISO8859-1. Also, all of what I
5 > think are the font files are in a directory called charmaps, not
6 > charsets, like yours: (This is an AMD64 machine so maybe that's part
7 > of the difference?)
8 >
9 > lightning ~ # ls /usr/share/i18n
10 > SUPPORTED charmaps locales
11 > lightning ~ #
12 >
13 > Before I do something stupid, can I erase all this /usr/share stuff
14 > by hand, then re-emerge glibc, rerun locale-gen to get the right
15 > stuff. I suspect that since I had weird settings in make.conf, now
16 > fixed with Dale's help, that now if I re-emerge glibc maybe I'll get
17 > the right stuff?
20 My apologies for jumping in kind of late in this thread, and I am not
21 sure if you have answered this question already, but what do you have
22 as the content of /etc/locale.gen ? I ask because this is useful
23 prior to you issuing emerge glibc again.
24
25 Best,
26
27 W
28 --
29 "You should be excited by this, because it is an equation you can solve."
30 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
31 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 730 days, 23:59