From: Justin R Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT sorry for hijacking thread
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:29:26
1 On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 07:15:46PM +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > On 11/06/06, Jason A. Booth <jbooth@××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > >Sorry about that.
4 > >~J
5 >
6 > Don't worry about it. It is considered bad form especially when I was
7 > relying on that thread to improve my limited knowledge on cryptography
8 > in Linux, but we all make mistakes.
9
10 gmail doesn't do real threading (grumble). They group messages based on
11 subject, so if you change the subject it makes a new thread. gmail's
12 flat grouping also makes it difficult to follow a thread with several
13 subthreads. I think the designers of gmail had in mind casual users to
14 whom email is just delayed chat and to whom the strictness of proper
15 threading is useless. (-:
18 Justin
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list