From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] SATA II Hard Drive problems - revisited... (Solved)
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 00:35:51
1 On Friday 01 December 2006 16:57, Chris Walters wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 29 November 2006 21:45, Chris Walters wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Go to My Computer, right-click and select Properties from the drop down
6 > > menu. Then select the Hardware tab and click on the Device Manager
7 > > (alternative get to the same point from the Administrative Tools).
8 [snip ...]
9 > > HTH.
10 >
11 > Hello Mick,
12 >
13 > Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I have already tried this and it
14 > did not work. So, I ended up having to do a complete factory restore.
15 > Now it works in UMDA 6. This, of course, was not my first choice, but
16 > it seemed to be my only choice, given what I had tried.
17
18 I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Re-installing windows is not something
19 I look forward to, merely because of the time I need to spend to close all
20 the ports and services that are open by default. That's why I now have
21 images of configured installations so that I can be up and running within 40
22 minutes when the OS gets corrupted. Mind you all the subsequent Windows
23 Updates still take ages.
26 Regards,
27 Mick