From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ext4 for a new installation?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 15:59:49
1 On Montag 02 Februar 2009, Stroller wrote:
2 > For more funroll-loopiness I contemplate using ext4 for the new system
3 > I'm about to install.
4 >
5 > Anyone know of any LiveCDs that would support this?
6 >
7 > I _think_ it should be just a case of untarring the stage 3, chrooting
8 > in, updating everything to latest & reboot. As long as I use 2.6.28
9 > when I install I don't think there should be anything that is
10 > incompatible with ext4??
11 >
12 > Or would I be better off using ext3 and converting it to ext4 in a
13 > month or two? Are there any downsides to converting a fs from ext3 to
14 > ext4 in this way?
15 >
16 > Cheers,
17 >
18 > Stroller.
19
20 the best thing would be to wait for another year before you even think about
21 touching that mess.